GIS Technician I
ETE is seeking a full-time GIS technician. The GIS technician will be responsible for daily GIS/mapping requests both from internal and external customers. Assignments will be made by the consulting manager, or other ETE staff, with management performing a review of finished work.
- Undergraduate or associates degree required in Geography, GIS or related field
- Work experience may be substituted for degree
- GIS: 1-2 years (Preferred)
- ArcGIS Desktop experience is required
- ArcGIS Online/ArcGIS Enterprise experience is preferred
- Microsoft Office experience is required
- Ability to produce professional, high quality, GIS-based cartographic products
- Ability to become familiar with industry specific terminology and symbols
- Read and interpret maps and surveys
- Communicate orally with management, support staff and clients
- Read and use topographic maps, aerial imagery maps, soil maps and surveys
- Work cooperatively with other employees
- Present facts clearly and accurately in graphic form
- Development and maintenance of ETE GIS data resources.
- Data gathering, compilation, and analysis.
- Familiarity with Trimble GIS units – transfer of data between Trimble and ArcGIS.
- Ability to produce tracking maps from excel databases of locations.
- Some familiarity with AutoCad for transfer of site plans to ArcGIS.
- Business development tasks – monitoring and screening bid notices.
Occasional fieldwork may be required to GPS locate wetland limits or listed species locations – providing assistance to field ecologists
- Paid time off
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Company cell phone – device and monthly plan
- Yearly bonus
- Employee loans
- Professional development support
Negotiable, but dependent on experience.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Feel free to email your resume to email@example.com or to request more information. Or call us at 239.304.0030 for more details.
Exotic Removal Field Technicians
We have full-time job openings on our ecological restoration field crews.
- Identification and removal of exotic/invasive vegetation
- Must be able to carry up to 40 lb. spray pack over challenging terrain
- General operation and use of chainsaw/machete
- Ability to work long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Requires extensive walking, standing, bending, lifting, digging, and some moderate climbing
Feel free to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or to request more information. Or call us at 239.304.0030 for more details.
Earth Tech Environmental is partnering with local colleges to offer student internships each semester. Internships are paid, part-time to full-time positions available to students interested in the environmental field. Successful interns may be offered a full-time position when they graduate.
- Identification of native and exotic/invasive vegetation
- Wetland preserve monitoring and maintenance
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- GIS mapping, research, fulfillment of personal project
- Assist ecologists and field technicians with general duties in the field and office
Feel free to email your resume to email@example.com or to request more information. Or call us at 239.304.0030 for more details.
- Progress Update March 5, 2019
- Hideaway Beach Erosion Control Project March 4, 2019
- Central Marco Island Re-Grade March 4, 2019
- Contract Award February 27, 2019
- Species Spotlight: Florida Burrowing Owl February 19, 2019
- What Do Animals Do During a “Polar Vortex”? January 30, 2019
- Gopher Tortoise Relocations January 2, 2019