Nursery Worker / Assistant :
We are looking for a full time reliable, hard-working, person to assist with nursery operations. Nursery worker will work hands on with a plant from seed to maturity. Applicant will work under our Nursery Manager to complete several tasks. Knowledge of plants is not essential, however enthusiasm and willingness to learn is. Candidate must be able to work independently.
The hours associated with this position are Monday- Friday from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm and include an occasional weekend if needed. We provide 8 paid holidays per year and vacation time after 90 days.
Duties / Tasks:
Duties will include nursery operations and plant care, including weeding; cutting/propagating; fertilizing; irrigation; transplanting; labeling and stock taking; picking and preparation of bulk orders; loading and unloading of trees and plants. Mowing and maintaining the grounds keeping them tidy and weed free. Lifting, shoveling, digging and assisting with planting jobs on occasion. Be responsible for quality inspection of outgoing and incoming plant material.
Applicant must have the following qualifications/abilities:
– Be able to work outside or in the Greenhouse for 8 hours a day in all weather conditions.
– Be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
– Have own transportation.
– The ability to work unsupervised.
– Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
– Flexible schedule
– High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
– Equal Opportunity Employer
If you think you can meet the demands of an exacting job somewhere that remains a fun and friendly place to work, we would like to hear from you.
Please email your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Exotic Removal Field Technicians
We have full-time job openings on our ecological restoration field crews.
- Identification and removal of exotic/invasive vegetation
- Must be able to carry up to 40 lb. spray pack over challenging terrain
- General operation and use of chainsaw/machete
- Ability to work long periods of time in all weather conditions
- Requires extensive walking, standing, bending, lifting, digging, and some moderate climbing
Feel free to email your resume to email@example.com or to request more information. Or call us at 239.304.0030 for more details.
Earth Tech Environmental is partnering with local colleges to offer student internships each semester. Internships are paid, part-time to full-time positions available to students interested in the environmental field. Successful interns may be offered a full-time position when they graduate.
- Identification of native and exotic/invasive vegetation
- Wetland preserve monitoring and maintenance
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- GIS mapping, research, fulfillment of personal project
- Assist ecologists and field technicians with general duties in the field and office
Unfortunately, there are no internships available at this time. Check back soon!
- Contract Award – Golden Gate Golf Course November 20, 2019
- Staff Highlight – Licensed Drone Pilot, Nick Roach November 5, 2019
- Water Turkey Bay Seagrass Monitoring October 14, 2019
- Clam Bay Canoe Trail Marker Reinstall September 16, 2019
- Clam Bay Seagrass Monitoring August 19, 2019
- The Value of Native Plants July 29, 2019
- Staff Highlight – Certified Environmental Scientist, Auston Germano June 6, 2019